RE: [CBQ] Implement/tractor plant waybill info.

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Implement/tractor plant waybill info.
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:06:09 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo,

Off the top of my head:

Case was in Burlington, IA - Combines in the 50's; backhoes early 60's on;
"crawlers"(bulldozers) 60's - "uni-loaders" (skid steers) 60's & early 70's
Served by CRI&P & CB&Q
(My Dad worked at this plant)

Case was also in Bettendorf, IA along the river,
so would it have been served by the DRI&NW?

Deere also has an implement plant in Ottumwa south of the Des Moines River
opposite of the Q, but there was a RR bridge across the river servicing the
plant, so I'm not sure who the originating RR would have been.

Dave Lotz
Pooler, GA