U23C... was [CBQ] Re: Proto E-unit decaling

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: U23C... was [CBQ] Re: Proto E-unit decaling
From: "Ewout" <ewout@belderok.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:34:40 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

At the time I was "researching" the idea of making this U23C, I had very little
photopraphic
reference material. From what I did find,considering I had only one photo of
the battery side
of the loco, I figured I need only substitute the middle section of the U30C
with the U23B.
Thank goodness both are made by Atlas, so everything fit perfectly. I cannot
explain exactly
where to make the cut, but I did make a photo of the construction. before
painting.
http://www.belderok.net/mitropa/cbq-u23c_3.jpg

Masking was a bit harder than the cutting of the body. I used a sideview photo
with the
hockeystick and imported it into AutoCAD and drafted the masking.
http://www.belderok.net/usa/masking_u23c.dwg
I hope this is the right file, I have a mac now and cannot check it. Please,
someone report
back if it's the right one.

Considering this was my first US kitbash with masking in the paintjob, I think
I did well.

I know they did not have snowploughs, but it looks really tough, I like it like
that.

Hope this helps and show me yours when it's finished ;-)