U23C... was [CBQ] Re: Proto E-unit decaling

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: U23C... was [CBQ] Re: Proto E-unit decaling
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:12:59 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all;

Glad to see some one finish one of these - mines' still waiting for
decaling. Good work.

Actually it is that simple. The splice is ahead of the engine room
doors. The U23 has six doors while the U30 has eight. Keep the cab
end of the U30 and the engine/radiator end of the U23. Everything
else is pretty straight forward. The beauty of GE's modular
construction!
Off hand I can't remember which filter screens the U23C had. They're
the screens directly ahead of the big radiator screens. Low are paper
filter and high are oil bath... I don't think I had to change those.

Hardest part is the stripe...

Jeff

Jeff Worones
Seattle WA

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, lyle dowell <slyone@...> wrote:

> Ewout wrote:
> > I have also kitbashed a U23C from an Atlas U30C and U23B.
> > http://www.belderok.net/usa/u23c_11.jpg note: the green is
wrong...

> Can you supply any construction details (off-list if you prefer)
about