Re: [CBQ] Re: Keokuk Industries, was MARK TWAIN ZEPHYR

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Keokuk Industries, was MARK TWAIN ZEPHYR
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:02:16 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Dave;

Welcome to the small but growing club of Keokuk fans.  I'll be posting
some more information to the web site about Keokuk industries in the
very near future (Sanborn maps, etc. that will answer a lot of your
questions).  The CRI&P trackage map includes changes made in the 1960's,
but Duncan is right on about it being largely applicable to your era.  I
suspect that the Rock Island still had its small roundhouse in the early
1950's (instead of the single stall steel engine house shown on the
map).  Other industries to consider for your era would include General
Mills, Keokuk Steel Castings, National Carbide (on the river), Midwest
Carbide (up the branch line), Iowa Fiber Box Company and Thomas Truck
and Caster.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

steamera@netins.net