[CBQ] Tracks Through Aurora

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Tracks Through Aurora
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:43:41 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jerry Hamsmith is the expert on this subject as he has done an excellent
presentation on the subject.

I will only add that the mainlines were at grade immediately adjacent to
where they were elevated except they crossed the Fox River just North of North
Ave instead of at Hurds Island.

I am working on an article covering the history of the non raised trackage
that was still used after the elevation,the industries served,the yard  switch
jobs that worked this area and the characters who worked it for years .  It is
entitled the "Alley Job" . Currently it is 8 plus pages of researched
text,along with oral interview notes dating as far back as the 1960's. I expect

that when filled out with visuals it will run 15-20 plus pages. I have numerous

maps,original art done by Mike Meketti ( a Q fireman who knew the job first
hand),engine assignment history,etc.

I need help from anyone on the list and anyone they know to contact me as
I'm looking for photos of engines working in the Alley and around River
Street,tower train sheets listing the comings and goings of the Alley job,etc.
Also
if anyone knows someone who actually worked the Alley Job I'd love to talk
with them and compare notes and get a few blanks filled in.

Thanks,
Leo