[CBQ] Re: Help with Interior Paint Schemes for CZ Consists?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Help with Interior Paint Schemes for CZ Consists?
From: "Hubert Hanrahan" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:56:17 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dan,

I remember that CB&Q stainless steel post-war Pullmans had the
bedroom doors painted pink (probably light rose in railroad
terminology(as viewed from the hallway.) I took a ride on "Silver
Valley" on Amtrak before it was refurbished in red white and blue. I
observed this on other CB&Q post war Pullmans. Perhaps some other
members on the list have more detailed information.

When I had the opportunity to purchase a former CBQ Pullman used on
the North Coast Limited (a Pullman Standard built car) I noticed the
bedroom doors were painted light blue.

Not much help for doing a whole car, but a tid bit of info.

Hubert

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel A. Russell" <dcmmoscow@...>
wrote:

> Soctt:  Thanks for the helpful information.  These two excellent
books,
> however, illustrate the paucity of material that modelers face in
trying to
> paint the interior of an entire CZ trainset of a given period.
Together the
> aforementioned two volumes contain exactly four color photos of
interiors of
> two car types found on the CZ; one rearward facing photo of an
observation
> car and three of a portion of the buffet lounge cars.  Other CZ
sources
> feature plenty of black & white photos, but precious few color
ones.  Hardly
> enough to attempt to recreate the interiors of a dozen or so cars!
>
> I don't claim to know much about the CZ (or the Q for that
matter), but I'm
> counting on the collective knowledge of the better informed folk
on this
> forum to come up with enough information to serve as a defacto
guide to
> painting period Budd car interiors on the CZ!  Ideas anyone?
>
> On 2/14/07, Myers, Scott V. <svmyers@...> wrote:
> >
> >   There are some color photos of the interiors of CZ cars in
Burlington's
> > Zephyrs (by Karl Zimmermann) and Way of the Zephyrs - The
Postwar Years