Re: [CBQ] Help with Interior Paint Schemes for CZ Consists?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Help with Interior Paint Schemes for CZ Consists?
From: "Daniel A. Russell" <dcmmoscow@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:24:00 +0300
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Soctt:  Thanks for the helpful information.  These two excellent books,
however, illustrate the paucity of material that modelers face in trying to
paint the interior of an entire CZ trainset of a given period.  Together the
aforementioned two volumes contain exactly four color photos of interiors of
two car types found on the CZ; one rearward facing photo of an observation
car and three of a portion of the buffet lounge cars.  Other CZ sources
feature plenty of black & white photos, but precious few color ones.  Hardly
enough to attempt to recreate the interiors of a dozen or so cars!

I don't claim to know much about the CZ (or the Q for that matter), but I'm
counting on the collective knowledge of the better informed folk on this
forum to come up with enough information to serve as a defacto guide to
painting period Budd car interiors on the CZ!  Ideas anyone?