[CBQ] Re: Walthers Standard 8-1-2 Sleeper

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Walthers Standard 8-1-2 Sleeper
From: "Will Jensen" <wrjensen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:56:36 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I went looking thur some of the web and found this out.  The Walthers
8-1-2 sleeper is based on the pullman plan 3947-A (242 cars built).
Looking at the pullman records from pullmanproject.com. CB&Q, C&S,
and FW&D did not have any of this type.   I am still try to figure
out all of the CB&Q pullman cars were but the seem to be 8-5, 12-1
and 10-1-1 (I know C&S and FW&D had all three types)

Will Jensen

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@...> wrote:

> Recently I asked for comments on the Walthers Standard Diner and its
> accuracy for CB&Q cars.  I see the 8-1-2 Pullman sleeper is also on
sale
> for $30 through the end of this month.  It is available in both
CB&Q and
> Pullman options.  Branchline also has an 8-1-2 Pullman in Pullman
Green
> but unlettered, which I think has been produced.  (Maybe someone can
> confirm this.)  Both are for plan 3979a shown in the Glick book on
page
> 44.
>
> As I recall from previous discussions on the Walthers car,  the
> Burlington version is incorrect, as it should either be lettered for
> Pullman or the letterboard left blank.  It was suggested that
buying the
> Pullman rather than the Burlington version was one's best option, I
> believe.  Am I remembering this correctly?  I see BB#42 on the
> Exposition Flyer has a photo and discussion on the 8-1-2 Pullmans on
> page 246.  It shows the "John M. Forbes" with "Pullman" on the
> letterboard and the car name under the windows.
>
> If one uses the Branchline model, what is available for "Pullman"
decals
> and for either model, what decals can be used for the car names?
> Microscale set #87-752 CB&Q Heavyweight and Streamlined Passenger
Cars