Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Burlington historical magazine direction
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:31:35 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The one thing that's always put the BRHS Burlington Bulletin above many other
historical societies publications is this Hol Wagner. BRHS has always given
Hol the freedom to put together a great publication with no restrictions on the
size. I remember a number of years ago the GM&O put out their E Unit article
in the GM&O News, it went over 3 issues. They have a specific page count for
each issue. Hol isn't restricted in that manor. I should also mention others
that have been involved in the Bulletin, to name a few,  Mike Spoor, Ed De
Rouin, and Dave Lotz, along with many photographers that have offered photos
from
their collection. I'm sure I've missed some of the guys that have been involved
in the Bulletin.

Another magazine such as the Rock Island would be really great, if only to
get more imformation out there on the Burlington. In the past few years the Q
guys have been very lucky with so many fine books being published on the Q, who
would have thought a railraod that's been a fallen flag for 36 1/2 years would
still be very popular in the press. As well as in model railroading.

Again hats off to Hol Wagner, we are so very lucky to have him as our editor.

Loren Johnson