[CBQ] Re: Galesburg Icehouse

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Galesburg Icehouse
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:00:35 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As for information on the Galesburg Railroad Museum, you can go to the
following website:

http://www.galesburgrailroadmuseum.org/

Although I wasn't alive in the 1950s, I believe the main question is about the
platform for loading the ice into the cars.  One comments included a memory of
stored steam power awaiting the scrapper torch.  As many know, this storage
area was closer to the roundhouse and not the depot.

As for the icehouse across from the passenger depot.  That building was torn
down in the late 1990s and is now a city park named "Icehouse Park".  I do not
know when operations at this facility ceased.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL