Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks
From: VERLIN WHITE <verlinwhite@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,
  Go to this web site, you will find it very useful.

http://www.keokukandwesternrr.com/
Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net> wrote:
          Hi Ken;

You had me going for a minute, since I have that book and couldn't
imagine how I could miss such an obvious reference...but alas, that
photo is of Hannibal, not the beloved Keokuk of Duncan's and my own
pursuit. The search continues...How about it guys...anybody have good
pics of Keokuk's roundhouse and water tank?

To be sure that is an awesome view of Hannibal though. Thanks my friend.

Best regards, Rob

Ken Martin wrote:

> Duncan,
>
> Check Mike Spoor's CB&Q IN COLOR Vol. 3 p30. It is a shot in 1951 of the
> shops and roundhouse from the bluffs, it shows a steel tank between the
> Roundhouse and the coal tower.
>
> Ken Martin
>
> Duncan Cameron wrote:
> > Thanks Rob!
> > My maps of Keokuk show a water tank near the roundhouse,
> though I've never seen it in any of the pictures I have.
> Haven't decided how to handle that fact on the layout though.
> Anyone who was ever through Keokuk forty or fifty years ago
> remember what was there?
> > Duncan

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

Rob Adams
Wellman, IA
steamera@netins.net
Modeling the CB&Q RR's Keokuk & Western branch,
along with connecting Wabash and CRI&P operations, circa 1938
<http://www.KeokukandWesternRR.com>