Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:25:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Duncan;

The Tichy tank is also very close, and closer actually for some of the Q
tanks.  Plus, it comes with components to build multiple variations
(capacity, height, tank bottom and roof)  I prefer the fidelity of the
Tichy tank in most respects, as the detail is finer.  It may be a bit
more difficult to construct than the Walthers tank though.  My only
criticism about the Tichy tank is that it lacks rivet detail on the tank
bands.  The panel seams are modeled, but there are no rivets on the tank
cylinder.  The roof has very nice rivet detail, and the lattice supports
and braces are well-done.

Best regards, Rob

--
Rob Adams