Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steel Water Tanks
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:16:23 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Duncan;

The water tower and roundhouse at Keokuk are things I'm still trying to
sort out myself.  In earlier years, the water tank was wood (see
<www.castlegraphics.com> and look for a shot of CB&Q 1632 among the pics
of CB&Q 0-6-0's.  Assuming the location was reported correctly on the
original photo, you'll see a partial view of the roundhouse and water
tank).  Now whether the tank was always wood, I have yet to determine.
One reason for my uncertainty is that I have a photo taken along the
shore of the Mississippi looking upstream from National Carbide that
seems to show a steel water tank in the distance.  Unfortunately, the
trees obscure nearly all the other landmarks so it is impossible to tell
where that tank is.  I've been unable to determine whether that was a Q
tank, a Rock Island tank, or neither.  I'm sure the answer will come
immediately after one of us makes assumptions and builds a model for
Keokuk based on them.

Best regards, Rob

--
Rob Adams