[CBQ] Re: Commercial Post - New CZ car names!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commercial Post - New CZ car names!
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:39:33 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Silver Swan and Silver Pelican were actually built in 1956 for the
Denver Zephyr.

In 2001, I saw the former Pelican in the RTD yard in Englewood,
renamed and with a blue pier panel.  I understand it was owned by the
American Orient Express.

sjl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@...> wrote:

> [...]
> Kansas.
>
> Rick Keil
> Wichita, KS
>

> >From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@...>
> >To: <CBQ@...>
> >Subject: [CBQ] Commercial Post - New CZ car names!
> >Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:57:49 -0400
> >
> >Broadway Limited recently announced new car names for their
popular CZ cars
> >and also announced them in an Amtrak paint scheme ? I assume with
the
> >window
> >band painted red, white & blue with the headless arrow on each
end.  These
> >were just posted to the Walther's web site, but are not yet on
their own
> >web
> >site.  Note that they have listed the PRR car Silver Rapids again
with a
> >silver roof for those folks who were disappointed with the black-
roof PRR
> >version on their second run.  They also have listed Silver Swan
and Silver
> >Pelican from the DZ, but have not indicated for certain what the
lettering
> >will be on these cars.  I've been in contact with them to inform
them these
> >should be lettered BURLINGTON in the letterboard and PULLMAN on
the small
> >ownership boards near the vestibules.
> >
> >The Q Deal is in effect on these cars ? 20% down gets you 20% off,
and if
> >you reserve before October 15th we'll pay for the shipping!
> >
> >The flat-top cars retail for $64.99 ? Q Deal is $10.00 down per
car ?
> >balance of $41.99 when the cars arrive.
> >The dome-top cars retail for $69.99 ? Q Deal is $11.00 down per
car ?
> >balance of $44.99 when the cars arrive.
> >
> >Email me off-list or call 1-877-701-5723 for more details.
> >
> >Dave Lotz
> >Q Connection
> >1312 Osprey Point Circle
> >Pooler, GA  31322-2154
> >
> >Here is a list of the new cars:
> >
> >187-1490
> >California Zephyr Baggage Car -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#904 "Silver
> >Buffalo"
> >187-1491
> >California Zephyr Baggage Car -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#905 "Silver
> >Coyote"
> >187-1492
> >California Zephyr Baggage Car -- Western Pacific #802 "Silver Stag"
> >187-1493
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
> >"Silver Lodge"
> >187-1494
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
> >"Silver Stirrup"
> >187-1495
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car ? Western Pacific #815 "Silver
Schooner"
> >187-1496
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car ? Western Pacific #817 "Silver
Thistle"
> >187-1497
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car w/Conductor's Window -- Chicago,
> >Burlington
> >& Quincy #4720 "Silver Rifle"
> >187-1498
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car w/Conductor's Window -- Denver &
Rio
> >Grande
> >Western #1106 "Silver Colt"
> >187-1499
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Car w/Conductor's Window -- Western
Pacific
> >#814 "Silver Sage"
> >187-1500
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Dormitory-Buffet-Lounge Car --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #251 "Silver Lounge"
> >187-1501
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Dormitory-Buffet-Lounge Car --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #252 "Silver Roundup"
> >187-1502
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Dormitory-Buffet-Lounge Car --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #252 "Silver Chalet"
> >187-1503
> >California Zephyr Vista Dome Dormitory-Buffet-Lounge Car --
Western Pacific
> >#832 "Silver Hostel"
> >187-1504
> >California Zephyr 48-Seat Dining Car -- Chicago, Burlington &
Quincy #193
> >"Silver Cafe"
> >187-1505
> >California Zephyr 48-Seat Dining Car -- Chicago, Burlington &
Quincy #195
#841 "Silver Plate"
> >187-1507
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Pennsylvania #8449 "Silver
Rapids"
> >(silver
> >roof)
> >187-1508
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#427 "Silver
> >Cliff"
> >187-1509
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#428 "Silver
> >Falls"
> >187-1510
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#429 "Silver
> >Valley"
> >187-1511
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Denver & Rio Grande Western
#1131 "Silver
> >Summit"
> >187-1512
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Denver & Rio Grande Western
#1133 "Silver
> >Creek"
> >187-1513
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Denver & Rio Grande Western
#1134 "Silver
> >Glacier"
> >187-1514
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Western Pacific #863 "Silver
Mountain"
> >187-1515
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Western Pacific #865 "Silver
Range"
> >187-1516
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Western Pacific #866 "Silver Bay"
> >187-1517
> >California Zephyr 10-6 Sleeper -- Western Pacific "Silver Surf"
> >187-1518
> >California Zephyr 16 Section Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington &
Quincy #401
> >"Silver Larch"
> >187-1519
> >California Zephyr 16 Section Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington &
Quincy #402
> >"Silver Cedar"
> >187-1520
> >California Zephyr 16 Section Sleeper -- Denver & Rio Grande
Western #1121
#872 "Silver
> >Poplar"
> >187-1522
> >California Zephyr 6-5 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#451 "Silver
> >Quail"
> >187-1523
> >California Zephyr 6-5 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#452 "Silver
> >Thrush"
> >187-1524
> >California Zephyr 6-5 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#453 "Silver
> >Swan"
> >187-1525
> >California Zephyr 6-5 Sleeper -- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
#454 "Silver
> >Pelican"
> >187-1526
> >California Zephyr 6-5 Sleeper -- Western Pacific #852 "Silver
Swallow"
> >187-1527
> >California Zephyr 1-3 Vista Dome Buffet-Lounge-Observation --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #376 "Silver Penthouse"
> >187-1528
> >California Zephyr 1-3 Vista Dome Buffet-Lounge-Observation --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #377 "Silver Solarium"
> >187-1529
> >California Zephyr 1-3 Vista Dome Buffet-Lounge-Observation --
Chicago,
> >Burlington & Quincy #378 "Silver Lookout"
> >187-1530
> >California Zephyr 1-3 Vista Dome Buffet-Lounge-Observation --
Western

href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail