[CBQ] Unusual cars

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Unusual cars
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:19:30 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've been indexing the content of Bulletin 44 (should be on the web site later
this week) which causes me to study the photos in greater detail than I might
otherwise do, and some of them contain some interesting points.

Page 9 upper photo, there is some fancy writing (rather than the usual block
capitals) on the end of the RPO that appears to
be "U.S. Rail Way Post" or similar, together with the car number. This appears
to be "93" although I can't find any mail, mail-baggage, etc. cars with that
number in 1886.

On page 10 (upper photo), the first car behind the tender - was this an early
RPO?

The lower photo on page 49 includes coach-baggage-waycar #86.  It is
interesting that the Adams Express Company writing on the side of the car is
hardly readable whilst the word "Nebraska" above it is comparatively clear.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ