[CBQ] Re: Calendar Photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Calendar Photos
From: "Bob Campbell" <amtrak347@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:45:06 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Holding" <sholding@...> wrote:

> Some time ago a posted question was on calendar photos.  I posted
in a
> folder in the file section 13 photos of calendar photos I have in
my
> collection.  11 I know the year but the other two are posted using
the
> photo number my computer numbered them as.  If some one can id them
> please let me know or edit the file
> I think the section is about full but others may want to add to the
> file
> SJH

Steve -

Your picture 209 with the SD-24's is the 1960 calendar photo taken at
MP 153.4, east of Wataga, IL

You do know that the 1963 calendar photo has engineer Henry "Izzy"
Groesch leaning out of the cab.  He was told prior to leaving Savanna
that a calendar photo was going to be taken of that train (you know
that it had to be a "special occassion" when the "Q" lined-up 4 brand
new and symetrically arranged units) that he was to keep his "ugly
mug" inside the cab when he met the photographer.  Knowing Izzy, I'm
surprised he didn't "moon" the camera man (other than the Kromer, I
doubt you could tell the difference).  To make everything "legal",
the CB&Q paid Izzy $1.00 for "services rendered"; I saw the receipt!

Bob Campbell

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM