[CBQ] Lists Needed - (Was CB&Q E unit horn wanted for F40PH business tra

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Lists Needed - (Was CB&Q E unit horn wanted for F40PH business train)
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:11:01 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dan Sabin's request about the CB&Q airhorn and a recent eBay CB&Q 1960
calendar I think may have been bogus brings up something I have been
thinking about. There are certain lists that really need compiling and
posting on the Yahoo groups site and the BRHS website. To get things
started, here are some suggestions:

1. Air horns!! How about a list of what airhorns were used on what Q
diesels? Dan Sabin is looking for a real one for a real locomotive,
but how many of us have (or are buying) sound equipped models? It
would be nice to have this list available. If someone has already
started a list or is familiar with air horns and could start, that
would be a great help! I'll even get it started by posting my
spreadsheet with the Q diesels/number series's already listed. It even
includes updated paint scheme info!! (It is rather extensive, but my
suggestion is we keep as much data in one spreadsheet as possible.)

2. How about a list, with pictures, of CB&Q calendars? Again, I'll get
it started by taking pictures of the three calendars I have.

Anyone else willing to help?

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM