[CBQ] Re: F-unit Black birds?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: F-unit Black birds?
From: Val Nelson <super-chief-val@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 01:27:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The thing to remember about painting models is that the real paint is
seen outdoors in bright sunlight.  On a model railroad, we don't have
that luxury of the full spectrum of sunlight.  So since we have to
resort to artificial light sources, the paint will always look
"incorrect".  One thing most modelers neglect is the fact that you have
to 'model' the paint shade, as well, to look correct under such
conditions.  This is why manufacturers such as Athearn and Life-Like
paints Santa Fe diesels silver and CB&Q diesels misty grey instead of
the actual color because under artificial light, even paint taken from
the real thing will look wrong.   -Val

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM