[CBQ] Twin Cities line: power pool w/GN or NP?

To: CB&Q <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Twin Cities line: power pool w/GN or NP?
From: Frederick Ripley <fjr@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:51:43 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Greeting All,

I have just joined the discussion group, and look forward to interesting
topics!

I have a couple of questions about the Twin Cities main:  in the '60's,
say in the 6 or 7 years prior to BN, did the Q have any sort of regular
power-pooling arrangement w/GN or NP through St. Paul/Mpls?  Would have
seemed a very natural thing, but haven't seen any photographic evidence to
confirm this was the case.

Also, what was the rough no. of through freights on the line, north of
Savanna, in those days?  Have heard it said that "passenger trains
outnumbered freights", but this seems unlikely to me by the '60's.

Finally, a question for the list moderator:  am I reading the list
guidelines correctly that one can post personal "for sale" items at
any time?  I have some HO scale CB&Q diesels I'd like to post when
appropriate.

Thanks, Fred R.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM