Re: [CBQ] Re: Twin Cities line: power pool w/GN or NP?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Twin Cities line: power pool w/GN or NP?
From: Deke Reiter <deke8706@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:37:50 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> Was aware of the Elkhart-St. Paul pool w/NYC.  I
> wonder if PRR power ever
> made it up that way?  (before the PC merger).  To
> look at it from the other
> end,
> Q power was regularly on the PRR, I would say on a
> daily basis, east from
> Chicago
> starting in '66 or '67.  But this was a UP/Q/PRR
> pool, so it may be that PRR
> power
> really never went to the Twin Cities.

>From what I've read, PRR power didn't until the PC
merger. The Savanna-TC line had an NYC and then PC
power pool until around 68 or 69, and then because of
PC going down hill, the Q terminated that agreement
and started operations with the Erie Lackawanna
through to the TC instead. It was talked about in one
of the Q Color Guide books, but the book is currently
at my mom's so I'm going from memory and could be
wrong. I seem to remember the book saying that the Q
had runthrough agreements with NYC and then EL to the
Twin Cities, PRR to someplace west via Galesburg (?)
and the DRGW (I wanna say that was run into Kansas
City, but I'm not sure on this as it has been a couple
of months since I read that). I don't remember if the
book mentioned the Grand Island UP runthroughs
though...

Like I said, its from memory, so someone with the Q
Color Guide Vol 2 that they can easily get to should
look it up.

-Dereck (learning railroad photography on the Twin
Cities line)
206612.tripod.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM