Re: [CBQ] Old Boxcar Colors

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Old Boxcar Colors
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:44:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve,
In the Chicago Historical (Society) Museum's Railroad room (by the 4-2-0
Pioneer) is an aireal photo of the Union Stockyards. I found a cut of cars
containing an early teens-20s Q boxcar. As my memory serves me, it seemed like
the car was uniform in color, which would be our standard Mineral Red.
I can't say anything about the accuracy of the H&P S-Scale kit, I didn't know
they even made S.
I do have a Westerfield XM17/18 built from 1911 - 1914. It is a single door
ccar with numbers 108800-109799 / XM-17 & 109800-120499 / XM18. Al Says to
paint the entire body Mineral Red ( actually he says Boxcar red..Hmmmm??). I
would weather the roof with a liberal dose of Matte Black soot and gray up the
running boards and have fun running something you built.
Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"