[CBQ] Old Boxcar Colors

To: CB&Q <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Old Boxcar Colors
From: Steve Doyle <doylesteve19@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have a Ye Olde Huff-n-Puff  wood S-Scale 40-ft boxcar kit marked
"Furniture"with a white stenciled Burlington Route CB&QRR hearald, and a
numbered 7759. I have no idea of whether it's actually based on a Q prototype,
but generally speaking, what are the roof, roofwalk, ends and bottoms painted
on these (seemingly) early 20th Century boxcars?
  The wood sides are already painted and lettered in Mineral Red. Everything
else is bare wood.  Any help is appreciated.
  Regards,
  Steve Doyle
  Twin Cities