Re: [CBQ] SS trailers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] SS trailers
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:07:04 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ben,

Resin Unlimited
30ft Corrugated  single axle, round nose.

I saw the kit 2 years ago at the Napervile RPM show. I almost bought it then
but getting more Sunshine kits was my first priority. You gotta get them when
they're in front of you or wait for delivery later.
It is made the White, easy sanding resin, I think $15 per kit. Low parts count
for a faster build, beautiful detailing begging to be sprayed with Testors
Buffing Metalizer. The paint finishing and detailing makes the kit into a show
stopper.

In the March 2006 Mainline, Mont Switzer uses parts from the Mini-Metals
trailer to refine the landing gear and spring / axle asembly. He's done a few
truck modeling articles lately and owns a small transport company so you can
see his heart is in the effort.
The prototype photos clearly show it to be a Burlington Motor Freight trailer.
I haven't bought one yet but when I do it'll be hitched to one of the new
Sylvan Models GMC cab overs ( I have 4). Check out ther web site to see all of
the neat '40s - '50 tractors that are good for your BMT fleet. They are great
kits for the money, $10 with vacuum formed windows, rubber tires, etched
mirrors, interior and a driver!!!

I have found some photo references in the CB&Q annual report booklets and
company propaganda. These are company promo shots and the truck images are tiny
but with some artistic liscense and Microscale decals some pleasingly accurate
models can be made. Just don't turn me into the Steam era Truck Modelers forum
police.

Of course you could buy the Athearn or Mini Metals RTR but they woulldn't be as
accurate or fun to build.
Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"
" Yes, modeling the Q saved my life."