RE: [CBQ] U25C / U28C Project group started

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] U25C / U28C Project group started
From: "Robert Giffin" <robert.h.giffin@us.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:42:45 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Re:  American Models came out with a U25B in S scale and hirail about two
years ago.

Keith - Yea, I've seen this one in my unending search for U25C resources on
the web.  Problem with the U25B is that it is one step lower than the C and
the nose is too long, neither being show-stoppers for a real hard-core
kitbasher I suppose.  Body lengthening is a no-brainer.

Lemme ask you, what do you think of the radiator detail?  It looks incorrect
to me in that on the prototype the screens push out instead of being sunken
as shown on the model.  Same with the top screen for the radiator, looks to
be inward-facing.  Could be a candidate for some of the detail work we are
doing on the project website if you are interested.  We are also casting the
radiator core detail that fits under the top screen and, I believe, as much
of the radiator internals that can fit around the drive train.  S scale
would be great for this as it offers more room to work.

Feel free to sign up if you want to keep track of the progress and maybe
apply some of it to your 'B-Boats' - or maybe kitbash a nice 'C-Boat!

Bob