[CBQ] Re: DZ and TCZ Passenger Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: DZ and TCZ Passenger Cars
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs02@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:58:04 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
That would be the "BLACKHAWK" Dave.

Greg K
Minnestoa

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@...> wrote:

> Don't forget that the Pullman cars on the 1936 DZ had PULLMAN in the
> letterboard until the Pullman divestiture.
>
> Other stainless anomalies were:
>
> *     Tail cars on the articulated Pioneer, Twin and Mark Twain
were lettered
> "BURLINGTON ZEPHYR" albeit not on the usual letterboard above the
window
> band
>
> *     Tail cars on the General Pershing and Silver Streak Zephyr
(Silver Star
> and Silver Spirit) were lettered "BURLINGTON ZEPHYR" letterboard
above the
> window band
>
> Now, for the diehard Burlington fans - which Q heavyweight train(s)
carried
> the train name in the letterboard?
>
> Dave Lotz
> Pooler, GA

Stephen
> J. Levine
> Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:50 PM
> To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [CBQ] DZ and TCZ Passenger Cars
>
> Phil
>
>   I was unable to find the car to which you refer on the irm site.
>
>   sjl
>
> Phil Stepek <pstepek@...> wrote:
>   separate cars late 40s and 50s, letterboard said Burlington
> Pullman on end corners
> a DZ car is restored and in photos on the Illinois Railway museum
website in
> the members gallery
> www.irm.org

CZ cars
> has the train name on the letter board.
>
> I know the very early NZ had the name on the letter board, but I am
> interested if, other than the CZ, did the train name appear on the
letter
> boards in the late 1940's to 1960's?
>
> Ray Bedard
> San Jose CA

> Car enthusiasts Railway Corvette enthusiast
>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
> Visit your group "CBQ" on the web.

>         Business finances   Model railroad train   Train
railway     Car
> enthusiasts   Railway   Corvette enthusiast

Service.

> Business finances
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Business+finances&w1=Business+finances&

w2=Model+railroad+train&w3=Train+railway&w4=Car+enthusiasts&w5=Railway
&w6=Co
> rvette+enthusiast&c=6&s=127&.sig=22qxTAWHYiCsYU-08v-tug>
> Model railroad train
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Model+railroad+train&w1=Business+financ

es&w2=Model+railroad+train&w3=Train+railway&w4=Car+enthusiasts&w5=Rail
way&w6
> =Corvette+enthusiast&c=6&s=127&.sig=BmWbq6fClIAym4GtQt7Tbg>
> Train railway
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Train+railway&w1=Business+finances&w2=M

odel+railroad+train&w3=Train+railway&w4=Car+enthusiasts&w5=Railway&w6=
Corvet
> te+enthusiast&c=6&s=127&.sig=xsWYHIvZcpnwQH39X0MIBA>
> Car enthusiasts
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Car+enthusiasts&w1=Business+finances&w2

=Model+railroad+train&w3=Train+railway&w4=Car+enthusiasts&w5=Railway&w
6=Corv
> ette+enthusiast&c=6&s=127&.sig=3f-i1dldlVZzDVivxSbuWQ>
> Railway
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Railway&w1=Business+finances&w2=Model+r

ailroad+train&w3=Train+railway&w4=Car+enthusiasts&w5=Railway&w6=Corvet
te+ent
> husiast&c=6&s=127&.sig=oPnWGd7PFwrJLMbFzlwITw>
> Corvette enthusiast
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Corvette+enthusiast&w1=Business+finance

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CBQ> " on