[CBQ] Re: Digest Number 2687

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Digest Number 2687
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:19:49 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Is the picture not the same photograph of the Silver King and Silver
Queen that appears in David Morgan's Diesels West, 1962?   If so, it
is much clearer in the book.

My guess would be it is train 10 eastbound in Illinois.  It could be
between Aurora and Chicago toward the western end of the triple track
speedway.  Remember, in 1936, that area was not built up like it is
now as the post-war expansion of Chicago's Suburbs had not occurred
yet.

sjl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, clipperw@... wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I don't think you have received any responses to your inquiry on
the
> Denver Zephyr photo; at least not posted on the CBQ List. A couple
of
> us have been discussing the photo and have some opinions about when
it
> was taken. Because the condition of the train appears to be
pristine,
> we believe it is a publicity photo, probably shot by the RR just
before