Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2687

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2687
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:57:42 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Looking at the photo my guess would be that it was taken from the EJ&E
bridge at Eola.... note the wide ballast strip to the north... the old
fourth main???.  If the signal lines were on the south side of the tracks
this wouldn't be correct; but I don't think the third track is a siding both
the outer tracks are at the same elevation and have the same ballast as the
center track.
In 1936 you could get all the way in to Downers Grove or maybe even Western
Springs and still see stretches of farmland on either side of the tracks, so
I wouldn't rule out the Chicago-Aurora main as a venue.... although there
are only a few places where a bridge would provide a spot to take the photo.
Charlie Vlk