[CBQ] Express Service Questions

To: cbQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Express Service Questions
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:30:54 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All,

I would appreciate the group setting me straight on some of my fuzzy thinking
on this matter.

I understand that there is a difference between express service and LCL
shipments.  My main question concerns express -- I think of REA for express
shipments, but there are also cars labled "Express" for the various railroads,
too.  Did the railroads offer their own form of express service in addition, or
competing with Railway Express?

Also, for LCL...would any old boxcar be used by a railroad for this or would
they use one of their labled "Express" cars...or both?  And in what trains
would these cars be included, mixed, separate, etc?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Proto-Lancing the CB&Q "Illiniwek River-Subdivision-Branch Line" in the 1960's.