RE: [CBQ] Branchline 14 Section Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Branchline 14 Section Pullmans
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:48:12 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave,

The following information appears in the Pullman Panoramabook, Volume One by
Robert Wayner:

Pullman plan 3958A, 14 sections, lot 6285 built Oct-Nov 1929
New Lincoln.....7/41 to AMERICAN LEGION.
12/48LTP by Burlington RR

So I guess if you model after July 1941, American Legion would be correct on
you layout.

Regards,

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

>From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
>To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [CBQ] Branchline 14 Section Pullmans
>Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:50:50 -0600
>
>I saw tonight that Branchline is taking pre-orders on a run 14-Section
>Pullmans and three were listed for CB&Q service.
>
>5419    HO 14 SECT CB&Q AMERICAN LEGION  $39.95
>5420    HO 14 SECT CB&Q NEW OMAHA            $39.95
>5421    HO 14 SECT CB&Q NEW CAPITOL          $39.95
>
>I was able to verify that ?New Omaha? and ?New Capitol? (Plan 3958A Lot
>6285) are listed in Kratville?s ?Passenger Car Catalog? as being assigned
>the Q, but could not find the name ?American Legion? at all under the
>14-Section cars.  Was the ?American Legion? a legit name for a 14-section
>car and was it assigned to the Q?or I?m just missing something?
>
>Dave Lotz
>STL

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM