RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Station St.Joe

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Station St.Joe
From: "R Hanson" <nus2me@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 22:15:29 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Couldn't be the St. Joseph, MO depot.  I grew up there and barely remember
the Union Station depot on the east side of 6th street south of downtown St.
Jo.  I don't have the date that it was demolished, but would say that it had
to have been in the 50's or earlier.   I boarded one of the last CB&Q
passenger runs in about 1966 or so - but it left from the new "modern" depot
at the north end of the yard.  That depot was picked up by Amtrak until the
end of service - then used by a drywall supply company and later for
storage.  Last time I was in St. Jo, it was also gone.

They DO have a reconstructed Q depot inside the Patee House museum along
with a HStJ steamer and replica mail car.  Worth seeing.  Also a Q 4-8-4 in
a city park.

Roger Hanson

Kansas City, MO

  _____