[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Station St.Joe

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Station St.Joe
From: "domelinerdude" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 06:59:21 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave,

The station is in St. Joseph, Missouri just south of downtown.  I
would say approximately 2 miles south.  It is on the east side of
the BNSF mainline, and sits in a large open area that once served as
a parking lot.  It is a post-war modern structure built circa 1960
with aluminum frame windows that are mostly broken.  When driving
from Atchison up to St. Joe, (I don't remember the highway number)
you can see it very clearly.

Be mindful of railroad property and good luck locating it!  It is a
peice of St. Joseph's history that could use some attention.

Hubert

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, dave amaro <daveamaro@y...> wrote:

> Hubert,
>
> Is that St Joe MO?  If so do you have an address?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> --- domelinerdude <domelinerdude@y...> wrote:
>
> > I recently had the opportunity to visit St.Joe on
> > vacation last
> > September and was amazed and thrilled to see the
> > former CB&Q depot
> > still intact, station tracks and all. It is in
> > neglect with the windows
> > broken, etc.
> >
> > Is anyone aware of any efforts to save this station
> > from ruins? It
> > would make a great small Burlington museum with
> > space for a model
> > railroad in the community.
> >
> > I now live on the west coast but sure hope someone
> > can save this bit of
> > history for the future.
> >
> > Hubert

> Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about.
> Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> dsl.yahoo.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM