Re: [CBQ] TPW - Q Nuclear train

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] TPW - Q Nuclear train
From: William Ewinger <b_ewinger@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:33:38 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Roger

  just before world war is when the iowa army ammunition plant was
constructed.sometime dring the war or shortly there after the aec moved in and
start build something.i been told it was the war heads for missle.the aec left
in about 1970 moving to texas from.day and zimmerman were the original general
contractor for building the plant.th railroad had a problem in that everything
was beening ship in on the eastern freight rate but that rated stop in downtown
burlington.contractor would not except billing to danville as that was to for
west.so we shorted the contractors name to dayman to make the junction and
billing point.and like lenny said the used the general pershing power unit to
pull the train-gaurd car-atomic cars-and caboose.the train did not last into
the burlington northern days very long because of the closing.all the above
information is all second what i hhave been told  or read here or other places.
  bill ewinger

Kujawa's <xark@bwsys.net> wrote:
  Hi Bill:

Some one at the Peoria swap mentioned the plant just west of Burlington.
I'm not even sure the train had nuclear material, that is what the
dispatcher told me.

Thanks!

Roger

Message: 11