[CBQ] Re: Silver Quail

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Silver Quail
From: "Allan B. Huskins Jr." <allan@californiazephyr.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:12:20 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "homebuiltnorthern" <milw261@s...> wrote:
> One of the other 16 section cars (one that the C&NW owned at one
> time)
> is now on the Grand Canyon Railway.  I don't recall the name but it
> is
> in GC Rwy paint and it has retained its full skirts.

The other former 16 section sleeper at GCR is now numbered 2098 and called
"Colorado
River".  It was originally D&RGW 1120 Silver Aspen.

According to the GCR website (http://www.thetrain.com), it was acquired by CNW
post-
D&RGW, renumbered 422 and named "Iowa River".  From there it went to
Railroading Heritage
of Midwest America before being acquired by GCR.

If interested, pics from earlier this year can be viewed here:
http://californiazephyr.org/exhibits/equipment/coaches/section_coach/aspen.phtml

BTW, GCR also now has Silver Colt, Silver Stirrup and Silver Pony (whose fate
is uncertain).

Allan