[CBQ] Silver Quail

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Silver Quail
From: "homebuiltnorthern" <milw261@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:11:24 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Silver Quail, one of the CZ 6-5's, is in charter service.  It is
owned
by Bill Butterworth.  I have seen it in Chicago a few times and it
was
in the consist of the last 1522 trips out of St. Louis.  The exterior
is full CZ and the only missing feature are the skirts which were
removed by Amtrak.

Silver Solarium is also Amtrak compatible and it seen in charter
service occasionally.  It has been relocated from Iowa to California
in
recent years after Nav Fosse sold it.

Silver Larch, a former 16 section car, is fully "Amtraked".  We had
it
last year in the Grand Excursion consist behind Milwaukee Road #261.
It, too, has lost its skirts but retains CZ lettering.

One of the other 16 section cars (one that the C&NW owned at one
time)
is now on the Grand Canyon Railway.  I don't recall the name but it
is
in GC Rwy paint and it has retained its full skirts.

Homebuiltnorthern