[CBQ] Consist of October 11, 1964 5632 W. Burlington excursion

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Consist of October 11, 1964 5632 W. Burlington excursion
From: "homebuiltnorthern" <milw261@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:41:06 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Does anyone have the consist of the West Burlington "5632 Birthday
Trip" that operated on October 11, 1964?  Behind the tender was
the "Chief Illini", operating platform forward.  Next to the "Chief"
was Havelock baggage car 1045.

Jerry Appleman's photo of the train posted on his website indicates
that there were 3 or 4 NP heavyweight coaches, a pattern dome (Silver
Dome?), a silver "Q" heavyweight diner and then a number of GN
heavyweight coaches.  As I remember, we had an open mill gon on the
rear so I suspect the last coach was a "Q" heavyweight, just behind
the
GN coaches.

I was not into taking consists at the early date, but if someone has
it, I sure would be happy to see it again.  Thanks.

Homebuiltnorthern