Re: [CBQ] CZ & DZ consist information.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ & DZ consist information.
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:48:00 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,
I'm not considering a major magazine for a number of reasons.  First, I
have already committed myself.  Second, as a director, and knowing the
difficulties in obtaining material, it would be hard for me to feel good
about not contributing to the magazine. (Though, after the article that
will be in this current issue, that may well change, as enough information
came out after writing it that I'm much afraid that I won't be as happy
with it as I might have thought - and that might translate to a lack of
contributing to any source at this point (beyond the raw
data)).   Third,  the article I plan on writing is going to have more of a
D&RGW-centric focus.  The supporting material will not.  Fourth, i hate to
admit it, but since I no longer actively model in HO, I rarely get some of
the major magazines.  I have no idea of the "culture", needs, requirements,
etc. and frankly don't feel inclined to find out.  Fifth, as a longtime
member of the BRHS, the WPHS, and a founder of the RGM&HS, I feel more
inclined to support those publications where possible.  Sixth, my knowledge
and such is likely not broad enough in terms of universal interest to be of
much use to a major magazine, nor does the spectrum seem to be in keeping
with their demographic.  I road on the CZ many times, I have ridden the
replacement several times, and have railfanned the route many, many
times.  I lived in Riverside with the tracks literally in our side
yard.  Hell, even our dog was named Zephyr.  There is a long history of
interest in just the specific railroads and services associated with the
CZ, and I tend to be more than a little parochial about it.

At 11:37 AM 4/28/2005, you wrote:
>Bob-
>Why don't you consider writing for one of the major magazines instead?   The
>topic is broader than just the D&RGW and there is still a dearth of
>passenger train information in the general community.  Isn't it RMJ that is
>running this type of article (this month something about changing consists
>at Harrisburg???).
>Charlie Vlk

Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM