Re: [CBQ] RE: O5 Northern

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Ron & Char Atherton" <charon24@starband.net>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: O5 Northern
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:14:46 +0000
Cc: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Ron -
The Bachmann is an AT&SF model with Q lettering.   This means that the basic
dimensions and details are not accurate, particularly the tender.   Sunset
Models has recently announced a line of HO brass models coming out later this
year, including a Q O-5 with sound for about $600.   If you check the online
brass dealers, you might find a discount on this price.   I have a number of
Sunset models and while they are not as highly detailed as others, I am quite
happy with their appearance and performance.   I suspect that if you tried to
rework an older plastic locomotive, you would be spending close to this price
and still not have the accuracy you might prefer.   Check Sunset Models at
www.3rdrail.com (I haven't learned how to link yet).
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM