Re: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing

To: thommack@yahoo.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:09:32 EST
In a message dated 2/24/05 7:47:18 AM, thommack@yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone know if the siding into Kable Printing in Mt Morris in the late
> 60's was a facing point (westbound) or trailing point (eastbound)
> switch? I found a great article in a 1997 Mainline Modeler about the
> Mt. Morris branch indicating that the Westbound train to Mt. Morris
> from Oregon, IL switches Quebecor (which I think is the old Kable
> Plant) using a trailing point (eastbound) switch. It also says there
> is a run-around track so that once the loads are pulled and the
> empties spotted the locos can do a run-around so they lead going back
> eastbound to Oregon, IL.

Tom:

That would be a trailing point switch entered from the west from the stub of
what was the original C&I line to Forreston.   The stub was pretty short,
maybe 200 meters.   Been many years since I was last there but recall a siding
on
the north side opposite Kable which may be the run-around referred to.   I,
too, would be interested in seeing a track chart if for no other reason than to
confirm that my memory synapses still connect.

And re our exchange of some time ago:   Still have not found a good photo of
the Redi-Mix (or whatever) operation on the south yard track at Oregon.

Regards,

Bill Diven

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM