[CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:44:32 -0000

Anyone know if the siding into Kable Printing in Mt Morris in the late
60's was a facing point (westbound) or trailing point (eastbound)
switch? I found a great article in a 1997 Mainline Modeler about the
Mt. Morris branch indicating that the Westbound train to Mt. Morris
from Oregon, IL switches Quebecor (which I think is the old Kable
Plant) using a trailing point (eastbound) switch. It also says there
is a run-around track so that once the loads are pulled and the
empties spotted the locos can do a run-around so they lead going back
eastbound to Oregon, IL.

Anyone have an actual track chart or Sanborn of Mt. Morris (especially
Kable Printing) for the 60's?

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM