Re: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:24:47 -0600
  From: thommack
  To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:44 AM
  Subject: [CBQ] Mt. Morris and Kable Printing

  Anyone know if the siding into Kable Printing in Mt Morris in the late
  60's was a facing point (westbound) or trailing point (eastbound)
  switch? I found a great article in a 1997 Mainline Modeler about the
  Mt. Morris branch indicating that the Westbound train to Mt. Morris
  from Oregon, IL switches Quebecor (which I think is the old Kable
  Plant) using a trailing point (eastbound) switch. It also says there
  is a run-around track so that once the loads are pulled and the
  empties spotted the locos can do a run-around so they lead going back
  eastbound to Oregon, IL.

  Anyone have an actual track chart or Sanborn of Mt. Morris (especially
  Kable Printing) for the 60's?

  Tom Mack
  Cincinnati, OH

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor