Re: [CBQ] Going to DCC...I think?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Going to DCC...I think?
From: estaple10@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:30:48 EST
Cc: ESTAPLE10@aol.com
Jan.......

Bill and Simon have already given great input.  I would add that you should
keep in mind that if you have a large roster of locos, you will probably be
converting them one or a few at a time, so don't be overwhelmed.  Around here
the
two big control systems are NCE and Digitrax.  I would recommend that you try
to find an opportunity to operate several different systems.  You'll probably
find big differences in your comfort level with the hand held controllers.

I also suggest checking out the on-line groups for these systems.  These
would also serve for more specific questions on various decoders in different
locos.  The NCE group is at Yahoo Groups - NCE-DCC Group.  Digitrax and others
may
be there as well.  You could use these groups to find someone in your area to
help out.

If you have any questions, contact me directly by email so we don't extend
this non-Q thread too long.

.............Ed Stapleton

In a message dated 2/10/05 8:05:14 AM Central Standard Time,