[CBQ] Going to DCC...I think?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Going to DCC...I think?
From: "jwestkohl" <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:59:19 -0000

I'm very tempted to go to DCC.  It just seems smarter to run my layout
that way.

However...

All my locomotives are non-DCC.  I know that they can be done as DCC,
but I have several questions.

How much are DCC controllers per locomotive (and does anyone have any
spares they want to sell)?
Can you DCC ANY non-DCC locomotive?
Do you need different controllers per different type of loco?
What's the teeth-knashing factor of rewiring the locomotives myself?
What would it cost to have someone do it (and is there anyplace/anyone
here on the list who would be interested in doing it)?

Thanks ahead of time!

Cheers!

Jan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM