Re: [CBQ] Alcad paint Modeling Techniques

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Alcad paint Modeling Techniques
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 07:30:09 -0800
Bcc:
A word of causion when using Alcad paint. I painted an E7 and it came out
beautiful. I then decaled it - since it is a high gloss, I did not have to
give it a overcoat of gloss before decalling it.

The decals went on and boy did it look great, and the decal film didn't show
through! Then I decided that in order to protect the decals I should give it
a very light over spray of dull, what a mistake. The decals were well
protected, but the film all around the decal showed through. So now I either
will have to strip it or use it for parts.

So the lession here is DO NOT use any dull coating over the decals when
using this paint.

Ray Bedard
San Jose Ca
PS: Still alive and contributing to both the CBQ and the BRHS lists.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM