Re: [CBQ] Modeling Techniques

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Modeling Techniques
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:27:14 EST
I would have to agree Alclad doesn't seem to notice model railroading. I've
see a couple of Walthers Budd cars finished in Alclad next to my nickel plated
brass DZ cars. The effect was pretty close to the look of the DZ's finish. It
seems the undercoat changes the color of the "stainless" final coat. Gloss
black seems to mimic the nickel plating fairly closely.

For those modeling Pullman Standard Stainless Steel cars, I wonder if
changing the undercoat color would show the effect of the difference in color
between
Budd and Pullman Standard Stainless. To me the PS Stainless always appeared
more to the reddish side while the Budd appeared more to the blue side. This
was a color shot of the Santa Fe Super Chief with both PS and Budd.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM