Re: [CBQ] While we're at it...MTZ and Zephyr-Rocket consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] While we're at it...MTZ and Zephyr-Rocket consists
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:58:23 EST
There were 5 Shovel Nose engines that could have pulled that consist, Silver
King (9906), Silver Knight (9907), Zephyrus (9905), Pagasus (9904), and Silver
Charger (9908). Although it was hard on passengers in the winter as Silver
Charger was the only Shovel Nose built with a steam generator. The Burlington
bought the baggage car Silver Treasure (1947) that was delivered with a steam
generator for use with Shovel Nose's 9905-9907. I believe that Silver Treasure
is still in use with Amtrak.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM