[CBQ] Last Q steam to operate

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Last Q steam to operate
From: "Bob Yarger" <ryarger@rypn.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:23:37 -0500
Ran across this thread on Trainoders:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,834523

It has some consistency problems, probably due to typos, but I'm wondering
what was the last actual revenue freight or switching operation of steam on
the Q proper, excluding the C&S and FW&D.  The last three 01a Mikados as
mentioned in the thread in January 1959?  Where was this, at Galesburg?
What was the last operation on the west end?  I'm presuming Lincoln in 1957
or '58.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM