[CBQ] Mr. Elliott

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Mr. Elliott
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:34:56 -0600
Bcc:

Mr. Elliott,

First off, in case you weren?t aware of it, the CB&Q Yahoo Group list is not
an official arm of the Burlington Route Historical Society.  Granted, many
people who post here are members of the BRHS (as am I), but this list is not
sanctioned nor endorsed by the BRHS.

Sir, since you first started your postings about a week ago, you have made
serious accusations using such phrases as ?I?ve heard? or ?appears to be?.
You then go on to expand upon the accusations without offering any solid
proof as to the basis of your charges.  By doing so, you clearly impugn the
reputations of a good number of people without the benefit of offering any
evidence.  To take a page from your way of operating, it would be akin to me
posting something like ?so Mr. Elliott, when did you stop abusing your wife
and are you still using drugs??  No proof, no foundation, no evidence.  But
once the accusation is made, the accused is instantly presumed guilty.  See
what I mean?

The names, addresses and in some cases, emails, of the BRHS Board of
Directors is clearly listed on the BRHS site.  The President, Vice President
of Operations, Vice President of Publications, Vice President of Archives
and Secretary have their email addresses listed as well, as do many of the
staff members.

I suggest you contact them by registered mail or by certified, return
receipt requested mail listing your accusations and your supporting
evidence.  Better yet, join the Society and attend the meetings scheduled
for March and September and question the officers and directors in person.

Understand that I am taking no position as to the veracity of your charges.
I do not know the people that you are accusing of impropriety.  I have no
stake in defending one or all of them.  I am not the owner of this list nor
am I a moderator.

You stated in your first post that you didn?t want it to ?turn into a
mud-slinging never-ending series of posts.?  Despite your intent, it has
clearly turned into that.  You have every right to continue your inquiry,
but the CBQ Yahoo Group is clearly not the place for you to be carrying out
your investigation.

It is time for this thread to end.  Now.

Regards,

John Lewis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM