Re: [CBQ] 5614

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 5614
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:00:43 +0000
I go to St. Joseph each year for our annual Harmony College barbershop training
and have visited and photographed 5614 on several occasions.

CB&Q 5614 is located in Patee Park at the corner of 12th and Penn just south of
downtown St. Joseph.   If you fly to KC intl airport and get a rental car, you
should take I-29 north to St. Joseph, which is less than an hour's drive.
Once at St. Joseph, exit on US 36 west.   Take any of the exists approaching
downtown and go north to Mitchell Ave, which is a main street.   Go west on
Mitchell Ave towards downtown.   The numbered streets will go down as you drive
west.   Turn right on 12th St and you will be at the park.   Go one block north
to Penn St to the NW corner of the park, and you will see 5614 on your right.

The engine is in a fairly shaded area with trees around it.   It faces directly
west, and I would suggest taking pictures in the early afternoon, when the sun
illuminates the front of the smokebox and the left side.   The right side is
tough to get well-lighted pictures, and you might want to have a flash to help
light up the details, particularly on the right side.   As I recall, the engine
is enclosed in a chain link fence, but it is not too noticeable.   It is in
pretty good cosmetic condition.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM