Re: [CBQ] USA boxes

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] USA boxes
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:39:36 -0600
IAAP at Dayman use to make 105mm rounds both dummy for salutes and live
rounds.  We use to get box cars that would run from Dayman to Savanna to be
proved.  Test fired.  The box cars would have to be very tight.  No leaks of
water to keep the power dry.  In 1982 to celebrate the 50th year in
production they held an open house.  They gave train rides around the place
as there was a complete circle using BN business cars pulled by the little
Baldwin RS4TC
One requirement was to try and have two rail lines in each arsenal or Depot
so the best route and or rate could be used
Don't forget Green River Ord. Wks.  at Amboy on the Earlville to Rock Falls
line.
Gerald I will take the job of compiling the facts and add it to my list of
subjects to look up
sjh