[CBQ] CB&Q Dynamometer Car

To: cvlk@comcast.net
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Dynamometer Car
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:23:05 +0000
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie -
I picked up the model today and have a few more questions on it.   It is an
Ambroid "one of five thousand" collector's item.   The instructions are very
minimal and show only how to construct the wood car and detail castings.   It
doesn't even tell what kind of trucks to use or show any photos.   You mention
standard #7 waycar trucks.   Are these the woodbeam caboose trucks such as
Walthers has in their new 30' 4-window caboose (waycar)?

Also, the instructions do not cover painting or lettering, but I assume the car
was painted Pullman green and lettered in gold similar to heavyweight passenger
cars.   Would this have been correct for the late 1930s to late 1940s?   BB#24,
which I do not have, apparently covered much of this information.   Any ideas
how I could get a copy of this BB now?   Thanks for all your help.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM